There exists such а unique and unexplicable pleasure for musicians. This very pleasure is called - the ensemble music-making. So much music was played in duets, trio, quartets etc. Imagine, it occurred to be the music, which sometimes was not desired to be performed alone! This phenomenon is close now to some free communication, now to some fine harmonious work, now to the kind of competition.
Let's remember the royal persons and the representatives of nobllity — the ones, allowed to choose entertainments for themselves. So many compositions for ensemble were ordered or accepted by them as the presents. It was so great to perform such presents together with the other musicians. Remember the flute of Friedrich the Great or the string baritone of the Prince Eszterhazy.
The ensemble playing is not just practice, it's also а good incentive, especially if the piece is not hackneyed, being altogether not very difficult and melodious with the hint of harum-scarum air. Therefore we'd like to offer such а collection (consisting of the popular melodies' arrangements referring to different times and countries). This time the pleasure is addressed to the young violinists, willing to play in ensemble with piano. This is altogether the manual for the pupils of music schools and the entertainment for the idleness of those, who play violin.
1. В. Kaempfert. STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT (Music text example)
2. В. Ram, Е. Rand. ONLY YOU
3. D. Tiomkin. THE GREEN LEAVES OF SUMMER
4. J. Strauss. ANNA-POLKA
5. А. Ekimyan. WIDER BE THE CIRCLE (Music text example)
6. L. Desormes. RETURNING FROM THE PARADe. March-polka
7. Е. Grieg. NORWEGIAN DANCE
8. Т. Gilkinson. TOWN OF CHILDHOOD
9. Р. Tchaikovsky. WALTZ. From the ballet “Sleeping Beaty”
10. Е. Waldteufel. POLKA “TRIFLE” (Music text example)
11. L. van Beethoven. TURKISH MARCH. From the music to the play “Athenian Ruines”