Nikolai Nikolayevich Dranitsyn (born in 1946) — composer, conductor, teacher, having lectured at the Petersburg Conservatoire, Culture Academy, N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov Music College. Dranitsyn is the author of orchestral compositions, choral cycles and miniatures, romances, songs, music for theatre, cinema and TV. The composer’s style may be defined as the true neo-romantic one — he is drawn to verbal and theatre element in music. Among his most significant compositions there are the suite “Puzzles” to the texts of Russian folk riddles, “Passacaglia-Intermezzo” to N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov’s memory for string quartet and string orchestra, song-oratorio “Chins up, Blues!” for choir and jazz combo, arrangements of folk songs for choir with soloists.
This exact collection is compiled of Nikolai Dranitsyn’s choral compositions.
MADRIGALS OF PARTINGS. TRIPTYCH FOR CHOIR A CAPPELLA. VERSES BY M. HERN?NDEZ
1. I Feel Parting in Everything (Ausencia en todo veo…). Translated from Spanish by V. Vasilyev (Music text example)
2. Wounded Thrice (Con tres heridas). Translated from Spanish by Yu. Morits
3. The Sea Wave Was Splashing Above This Field (En este campo estuvo el mar). Translated from Spanish by P. Grushko
TWO CHORUSES TO THE VERSES BY NIKOLAI RUBTSOV
1. Lucid Bless
2. In the Woods During Advent
TWO CHORUSES TO THE VERSES BY ANNA AKHMATOVA
1. Near the God’s Porch. Lamentation (Music text example)
2. Autumnal Song
RECORDARE, JESU PIE. Motet for Choir a Cappella